Facts and figures
- Super fast broadband now covers 95 % of the district
- Total population 161,111 with 81,000 economically active
- 41% of the population is educated to NVQ level 4 or above
- £3.87bn GVA which is 30% of North Yorkshire GVA
- Almost 3 million people of working age within 1 hours drive
While Harrogate is well known to many as a haven for tourism, shopping, and leisure, it is also home to incredibly successful businesses, many operating globally.
We have a diverse economy, with strengths in sectors including financial and professional services, digital/tech and creative, life sciences and logistics.
There are fantastic opportunities for companies across a wide range of sectors to take advantage of interesting urban and rural locations and an enviable quality of life. A quality of life that has helped attract entrepreneurs and enterprises over centuries.
So, whether you are starting up in business or just making a move, this is a location that will bring out the best in you. Fresh air and fresh thinking, countryside and connections, innovation and inspiration, big skies and big ideas – you will be with like-minded people who want to live and work locally, knowing that Leeds, York, and London are easily accessible.